Tawang – The color of The Lama’s
About the trip :
Tawang is a town situated at an elevation of approximately 3,048 meters (10,00ft) in the northwestern part of Arunachal Pradesh. Tawang was historically part of Tibet inhabited by the Monpa people. The Tawang monastery was founded by the Merak Lama ladreGyatso in 1681 in accordance with the wishes of fifth Dalai Lama, NgawanglobsangGyatso. Buddhist monasteries will make up fascinating ingredients of this trip. This trip requires a good physical condition but not exceptional. The program does not require any particular effort but an open mind.
Day 1 – Driving from Dimapur and Guwahati to Nameri National park (Sonitpur). Having an exotic walk in the bank of the river surrounded by the beautiful nature, different spices of Birds and Animals. Over night at Nameri eco camp.
Day 2 – Drive to Dirang (165 km) six hours of journey. Over night at hotel Pemaling.
Day 3 – After Breakfast start driving forTawang En route, crossing 1400 ft at Sela pass, lunch in the Sela pass, walking around on lake.On the journey visiting jaswantGarh (1962 indo-china War memorial, located 14km from sela pass), Over night at hotel GaykiKhang Zhang.
Day 4 – Early wakeup and Attending morning prayers in the Tawang monastery with the Monks. Tawang monastery is consider as the second largest monastery in the world which is resident of 700 monks. Back to hotel for breakfast, back to Tawang Monastery again visiting monastery museumand after drive to visit Anigompa (Nunnery) located 8km from Tawang town. Back to tawangand visiting local market and lunch in market. Visiting Tawang war memorial which is dedicated to the martyrs of the 1962 sino-Indian war. The local name is ‘NamgyalChortan’, the names of 2420 martyrs imprinted in gold on 32 black granite plagues.Back to hotel
Day 5 – After breakfast, visiting Urqelling Monastry, it is the birthplace of the 6th Dalai Lama who is the only Indian to have risen to such a high position in Gelupka Sect of Buddhism so far. Inside the Monastery there are several ancient Stupas, People from all walks of life visit this place during for the coming new year. After, drive for Sangestser popularly known as (Madhurilake) located 35 km from Tawang near china border. The drive for Sangestserlake is full of thrill and one can still see the war bankers that that had been used during the chinses aggression in 1962 and the beautifullake.
Day 6 – Drive for Bomdila, 180 km ( 6,30 hours journey) from tawang. Lunch on the mid way.Overnight at Bomdila Monastery Guest House.
Day 7 – Drive for Guwahati, over night at guwahati.
Day 8 – Airport dropping.
End of the tour
Please see what’s included & excluded in our Travel Packages:
- Meet and greet at Guwahati, international airport
- A free gift of a welcome scarf upon arrival
- Free airport transfers
- All tours and sightseeing as per the program
- All accommodation in standard 3-star hotel. ( external charges will be added if the guest wants 4 or 5-star hotel).
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- Refreshments daily (bottled mountain spring water and juice at least 2 bottles each per day)
- A licensed cultural guide and English speaking guide will be provided. ( extra cost for particular foreign language speaking guide if necessary)
- All travels by SUV car
- All Travels royalty of USD 80 per person for 30 days. This goes toward the Government Treasury fee.
- All internal taxes and charges
- The tour cost does not include personal expenses such as laundry, bar, telephone and tipping, etc.
- Cost incurred due to natural calamities and uncertain political situations.
TOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All payments made directly to M/S Hill Bird Travels. Or you can go through as per the guide lines of you online payment system.
There is no personal insurance of any kind included in the tour price. So you are strongly advised to arrange travel insurance from your place of residence in advance for your tour with us. Whilst the country has a good standard of medical and hospital facilities, it does not offer the facilities that only a larger population can support. Hill Bird Travels is, therefore, not responsible for any loss, injury, illness or death sustained during your trip.
Any cancellations must be received in writing via email to Hill Bird Travels. (email@example.com). Refunds are processed within days after we receive details of your cancellation. The following charges apply:
- More than 30 days: Deposit is forfeited
- Within 21 days : 10% Advance of the total tour cost
- Within 14 days : 15% Advance of the total tour cost
- Within 7 days : 30% Advance of the total tour cost
- Less than 7 days : 50 Advance of the total tour cost
- After arrival: 100% Advance of the total tour cost