Mist of North-East
About the trip:
In this trip, one can explore some part of Meghalaya and west of Arunachal Pradesh. Meghalaya and Arunachal Pradesh is a state in North East India. While the meaning of Meghalaya is meant “the abode of the cloud” in Sanskrit and on the other side Arunachal Pradesh is known as the “land of rising sun” in India. The state Meghalaya is Mountainous, with stretches of valley and plateau and consist mainly of Archean rock formation while the topography of West Arunachal culminating in snow-capped peak along the Tibetan Border which rapidly rises to 7000m at its highest peak Gorichen peak. Gorichen peak is the highest peak of this region of Himalaya. The best season of this trip is in the month of April that One should not wait till to explored the hidden treasure of this beautiful trip.
- Shillong ( Capital city of meghalaya) – visiting polo ground, Elephant falls, Shillong view point, Don Bosco museum and Asia second biggest open market ( Bara Bazar)
- Dwaki – places to visit, Dwaki bridge which was constructed by British in 1932, and boating in the India’s cleanest river ( Umngot river)
- Mawlynong the Asian most cleanest village.
- Cherrapunji – visiting seven sister water falls, Mawsmai cave, Kynrem falls and Arwah cave and double decker living roots bridge.
- Tipi orchid centre, River rafting, chillipam monastery and Bomdia
- Dirang town – visiting Mandala, Shangti valley, kiwi garden, hot sulphur spring water.
- Selapass , snow mountain , frozen lake and waters falls and indo-china war memorial
- Tawang – world second largest monastery ( tawang monastery) , birth place of sixth dalai lama( urgelling monastery, nunnary (Ani gompa), war memorial and local market.
- Zimithang – Gorsem chorten , and Zimithang village meeting with the local people.
Duration : ( 1,456 kilo mitre and 14 DAYS)
Day one – Arrived at Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi international airport, received by our team company airport staff and Guide. Drive to Shillong, over night at Rosa villa.
Day Two – After breakfast full day excursion of the exotic shilling city which is also know as the Scotland of the east. Over night in fairly comfortable at Rosa villa for the night.
Day three – With a full freshness of morning face and after the breakfast drive for the Dawki in west jaintia hill where one can experience the beauty of clean and clear river water. And visiting Asia’s most cleanest village Mawlynong having lunch on the mid-way and drive to Cherrapunji. Checked in at Holiday resorts getting beautiful welcome by the smilingly resort staffs. Over night at Cherrapunji Holiday resort.
Day fourth – After a breakfast get ready to visit the exotic touristic attraction places of the area. Back to Resort in evening time over night at cherrapunji.
Day fifth – Full day trekking. Visiting a local village and double decker living roots bridges. Back to resort
Day sixth – it will be day long drive i.e. 5.30 minute of drive. Drive to sonitphur (Namerie Tiger reserve nation park in Assam). Over Night at Namerie eco camp, here you will be accommodated in a large tent in the mid of National Park.
Day seventh – If possible one should wake up early in the morning and have a beautiful walk on the bang of kemaeng river where one can exprieance the cool breez blowing and sun rise. Back to eco camp, after activity visiting tipi orchid centre and river rafting. Back to camp, evening campfire, local artist tribe music, drink and chatting about the experience of first section of the tour. Dinner and back to room for a comfortable night.
Day eighth – After exploring the rocky mountainous and valley of Meghalaya and national park in Assam now you will see adventurous trills of west Arunachal ( the land of Lama). Drive to Dirang, over night at Awo resort (Dirang).
Day ninth – visiting mandala. Making Some little hike and photo session in of mandala forest. And drive to Shangti valley which is a favourite destination for migratory bird specially black naked crane in the time of October and flew back in the month of march and also visiting some local village. Lunch in a small services of picnic host by company crew member on the river side. Back to resort for a comfortable night.
Day tenth – It will be a day long drive crossing 14,000 feet above Sea level at Sela pass. Visiting high altitude lake, and While on the mid way visiting 1962 indo-china war Side while on the way to Tawang. Checked in at hotel Ganyki Khang Zhang
Day eleventh – If possible then early Morning wake up and try to attend the morning prayer with the monks. Back to hotel for breakfast. And drive to visit oldest Nunnery Ani Gompa. Visiting urgelling Birthplace of 6th Dalai lama and visiting the indo-china war memorial. Lunch at the oldest market of Tawang. Back to hotel
Day twelve – Drive to Zemithang to visit 12th century old Stupa Gorsam chorten 90km away from tawang which is also consider as Biggest stupa of this whole Area. Interacting with innocent village people to have a memorable time at the Zimithang village. Back to Tawang.
Day thirteen – Drive to Bomdila , over night at monetary guest house.
Day fourteen – After breakfast drive to Gawahati. Over night Vishwaratna Hotel Guwahati.
Day fifteen – Droping to lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi Airport. Flew to Delhi
Please see what’s included & excluded in our Travel Packages:
- Meet and greet at Guwahati, international airport
- A free gift of a welcome scarf upon arrival
- Free airport transfers
- All tours and sightseeing as per the program
- All accommodation in standard 3 star hotel. ( external charges will be added if the guest wants 4 or 5 star hotel).
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Refreshments daily (bottled mountain spring water and juice at least 2 bottles each per day)
- A licensed cultural guide and english speaking guide will be provided. ( extra cost for particular foreign language speaking guide if necessary)
- All travels by SUV car
- All Travels royalty of USD 80 per person for 30 days. This goes toward the Government treasury fee.
- All internal taxes and charges
- The tour cost does not include personal expenses such as laundry, bar, telephone and tipping, etc.
- Cost incurred due to natural calamities and uncertain political situations.
TOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All payments made directly to M/S Hill Bird Travels. Or you can go through as per the guide lines of you online payment system.
There is no personal insurance of any kind included in the tour price. So you are strongly advised to arrange travel insurance from your place of residence in advance for your tour with us. Whilst the country has a good standard of medical and hospital facilities, it does not offer the facilities that only a larger population can support. Hill Bird Travels is, therefore, not responsible for any loss, injury, illness or death sustained during your trip.
Any cancellations must be received in writing via email to Hill Bird Travels (firstname.lastname@example.org). Refunds are processed within days after we receive details of your cancellation. The following charges apply:
- More than 30 days : Deposit is forfeited
- Within 21 days : 10% Advance of the total tour cost
- Within 14 days : 15% Advance of the total tour cost
- Within 7 days : 30% Advance of the total tour cost
- Less than 7 days : 50 Advance of the total tour cost
- After arrival: 100% Advance of the total tour cost