About the trip:
The best season to do this trip is from the beginning month of October to till the end month of April. In this trip, you will meet with the ethnic group of Arunachal and of Assam. The Kaziranga World Heritage by UNESCO, which is famous for one horn rhino, tiger, elephant and migratory birds. The huge river island of Majuli in the middle of the mighty Brahmaputra River is the most important destination for the tourist all over the World due to the rich Culture and Traditional customs.
This journey will take you from the subtropical plains of Assam to Himalayan mountains of Arunachal Pradesh. The beautiful valley and stunning landscape and different culture of different tribe’s will give you fascinating ingredients to this exotic voyage.
- Dibrugarh – Airport and Tea garden.
- Majuli – Two Satra (Monastery), Mask making center, Local Village tour, Sightseeing and Apsara dance.
- Kaziranga National park – sight seeing, Elephant Safari, and Jeep Safari.
- Guwahati – Umanada Shiv Temple. Airport
- Namsai, Golden Pogada. Chowkham village, Monetary and meeting with the Khamthi tribe people.
- Anjawa, Mismhi Tribe, and village and Sightseeing.
- Roing, Parsuram khunt , and Brahmaputra river basin Viewpoint.
- Pasighat, Adi tribe people, sightseeing.
- Ziro, Apatani tribe, Asia Second Largest village (Hong), Local market, Textile center, Museum and Tourist spot,
Duration: ( 1,422 km and 13 DAYS)
Day one – Receive at Dibrugarh Airport, make an exotic drive with visiting some tea garden on the way to Namsai. Namsai is a Small town in Arunachal leaving where you will be Stay over in the hotel as per the booking process by the company and clients requirement.
Day two – After breakfast, Take a time to visit golden Pogoda Himalayan Buddhist monastery in namsai. Having lunch on the market and drive to visit chowkham village of khamti tribe which is where can get an opportunity to visit the oldest Hinayana monastery and get time to talk with monks. This place is also popular for its preserving the old khamti rich culture and back in those days this village was considered as the richest village in Asia continent for the massive production of Timber and Tea. Back to hotel for over night.
Day third – It will be a 4 to 5 hours drive to Hayuliang, leaving behind all the plains you will be climbing to the Himalayan Range for the first time on this tour. On the mid-way making a Stoppage at parasuram kund which is considered as the holy place for Hindus that Sage parsurama washed away his sins of matricide in the water of Lohit river according to the legend records in the kalika purana of Hindu mythology. After lunch resume your drive and over night at inception Bungalow.
Day forth – After breakfast, Started a Small hike up to mishimi tribe village by crossing the hanging bridge on the way. Spending a quality time with the village people, having local lunch at village. Back to hotel for over night.
Day fifth – After breakfast continuing the trip. It will be an approximate of 4 to 5 hours drive to reach Roing town. While on this drive you can enjoy the natural Scenic beauty of Lohit from a particular view point on the midway. Over night at Mismhi Hill camp.
Day Sixth – drive to Pasighat, visiting the local market in the evening time and here one can also have an exotic evening walk on the side of the Siang river. Over night at Hotel Ane.
Day Seventh – Drive to Ziro, it will be a day long drive approximate of 6 to 7 hours as per the traffic condition in towns of Assam. Over night at Hotel Blupine.
Day eighth – After breakfast, visiting the Asia second biggest village called Hong village looking around their Apatani Culture and meeting with the ethical tribe people.. Make a day long walk in the Ziro valley have lunch in the market. In afternoon, visiting Some high altitude Fisher farm, kiwi farm, lord Shiva temple and Ziro town view point. Back to hotel.
Day ninth – continue your trip and drive to Majuli river island, which is considered as the biggest river island in the world. The island had a total area of 1,250 square kilometers (483 sq mi) at beginning of 20th century but due to soil erosion now it has the total area of 352 Square kilometer. Majuli is consist of Assamese, Missing and deori people. Over night at Eco camp.
Day tenth – After breakfast visiting Satra ( monastery) where you can see the Assamese culture founded by Sankardeva the father of Assamese culture. In Majuli, one can also see pottery making, mask making center. And visiting Some missing village, and Sunset views in river side. Back to camp,
Day eleventh – drive to Kaziranga crossing mighty river Brahmaputra. Over night at Wild Grass.
Day twelve – early morning wake up to experience elephant Safari in the morning time and also Jeep Safari in mid time as per the booking condition made by the clients. And drive to Guwahati having lunch (Assamese thali) in the mid-way. Over night at the hotel.
Day thirteen – Airport dropping.
END OF THE TOUR
Please see what’s included & excluded in our Travel Packages:
- Meet and greet at Guwahati, international airport
- A free gift of a welcome scarf upon arrival
- Free airport transfers
- All tours and sightseeing as per the program
- All accommodation in standard 3-star hotel. ( external charges will be added if the guest wants 4 or 5-star hotel).
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- Refreshments daily (bottled mountain spring water and juice at least 2 bottles each per day)
- A licensed cultural guide and English speaking guide will be provided. ( extra cost for particular foreign language speaking guide if necessary)
- All travels by SUV car
- All Travels royalty of USD 80 per person for 30 days. This goes toward the Government treasury fee.
- All internal taxes and charges
- The tour cost does not include personal expenses such as laundry, bar, telephone, and tipping, etc.
- The cost incurred due to natural calamities and uncertain political situations.
TOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All payments made directly to M/S Hill Bird Travels. Or you can go through as per the guide lines of you online payment system.
There is no personal insurance of any kind included in the tour price. So you are strongly advised to arrange travel insurance from your place of residence in advance for your tour with us. Whilst the country has a good standard of medical and hospital facilities, it does not offer the facilities that only a larger population can support. Hill Bird Travels is, therefore, not responsible for any loss, injury, illness or death sustained during your trip.
Any cancellations must be received in writing via email to Hill Bird Travels (email@example.com). Refunds are processed within days after we receive details of your cancellation. The following charges apply:
- More than 30 days: Deposit is forfeited
- Within 21 days: 10% Advance of the total tour cost
- Within 14 days: 15% Advance of the total tour cost
- Within 7 days: 30% Advance of the total tour cost
- Less than 7 days: 50 Advance of the total tour cost
- After arrival: 100% Advance of the total tour cost